Monday, April 9, 2007

So Long, Farewell – My Last Post

In less than a month I will be graduating from FAU. And because of my soon to be departure, I will turning over this blog to the UP's Managing Editor Mike Anguille. My time at the UP has been a blast and the students that I've met through working with the newspaper I will remember for a long time.

My time covering Student Government has been especially rewarding and I'd like wish both Tony Teixeira and Jared Torres luck in the coming year. I won't be around to see what happens, but I've trained two students on my staff to take over the SG beat once I leave. I'm sure they'll do a great job and I am just as sure next year's SG leaders will call them biased as I've been called throughout my time here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...you know the rest.

I'm sure the UP will be able to carry on your flair for running the same story multiple times in an effort to boost your sensationalism. Any word on whether the UP is going to continue being a weekly tabloid, or if they're going to switch to being a newspaper?

Also, on your way out, take the FIU ad out of the UP. It's just plain insulting to read an ad for another university in your school newspaper .

April 10, 2007 at 1:02 AM  
Blogger J.P. said...

anonymous said - "Also, on your way out, take the FIU ad out of the UP. It's just plain insulting to read an ad for another university in your school newspaper."

Just to let you know we do not have control over our ads. We do not sell at the UP, we have an outside contractor that does that.

April 10, 2007 at 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous said - "Also, on your way out, take the FIU ad out of the UP. It's just plain insulting to read an ad for another university in your school newspaper."


I think it is just plain insulting that FAU does not do more advertising for other universities. That way when FAU is in an accreditation year and decides not to contract any adjunct faculty (typically the best faculty) FAU students' could still have the option of attending an available class that is meaningful and if really lucky can even graduate as planned.

On another note:
Jason you have been an inspiration to the majority of FAU students. I am happy to know that you will soon have the opportunity to have your work critiqued by an audience of real life grown ups. I am sure that your blog has given you enough practice with the children of SGA. I wish you the best of luck in all that you do and I, to the highest degree, enjoyed every conversation I ever had with you.

April 10, 2007 at 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Jason.

I never meant to call you dirty.

Actually I think you are a wholesome guy with lots of tar in his lungs and a funny knit hat.

I am really going to miss your SG blog. Hopefully after Tony and Abe are sworn in it won't be long before the rest of the bafoon's and leech's are shorn from the FAU's proverbial teet. You helped bring down Alvira "The Kublah" Khan's Empire of Egoism and you should be proud. Your more man than most that came and tried before you. But remember to stay humble, the Empire was at the bottom of the barrel when the shit hit the fan with some of it flying across the gulf between you and it, falling into your lap.

I hope you remember me and not as an asshole or a stoner. "Stoner" has a negative connotation, you should always try to use a positive connotation when refering to people, (unless you loath them, then then it is okay to use a negative connotation).

Good luck.

Your Friend,

Dan Alexander

April 10, 2007 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I enjoy reading the UP and such just for the SGA information (even though the set of boobs on pg. 5 of last issue were great). I do not have the time to actually figure out for myself to go to any of the sga meetings which take minutes of those take over 5 months to be published.(shit i think thats a run-on well.. im too drunk to care). I hope those 2 replacements take over this blog since it seems like a hotbed of controversy( controversy==interesting). Also i thank the developers at Firefox to put a spell check in their browser.

April 10, 2007 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck Jason.

April 10, 2007 at 10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I'm sure the UP will be able to carry on your flair for running the same story multiple times in an effort to boost your sensationalism."

Yet you still read it.

April 11, 2007 at 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moopygall www.officialtexansfansshop.com Brooks Reed Authentic Jersey Andrew Luck Jersey Dientwicilt

November 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwalletsmarket.com/]www.louisvuittonwalletsmarket.com[/url][/b] Chemical items can remove the organic oils through the epidermis and hair. This will induce damage to the hair if utilized too usually. But, if the Yorkie is soiled, give him a bath. So that you really should transfer sailing, and you happen to be endeavoring to determine out where you can start out. Or maybe, it's possible you're an experienced leap expert, and you simply are seeking other people to start out out a jumping crew with one another. In both situation, that you are genuinely looking to discover the exact same: a fresh bungee club.

[b][url=http://www.lovelouisvuittonbags.co.uk/]www.lovelouisvuittonbags.co.uk[/url][/b] They go jointly perfectly. Women like rings, earnings, necklace, and bracelet. Diamond is extremely much better. This sort of Hermes bags or any Hermes bags are not bought on-line. Often, a customer can discover a second-hand or utilized Hermes Birkin at a couture-consignment store. These Hermes Birkin bag normally begins at a cost of 7500USD, not such as the sales and profits tax.

[b][url=http://www.lovelouisvuittonbags.co.uk/]louis vuitton bags[/url][/b] It's stunning how often they neglect to contain Information Devices Departments. Who's going to help the procedure as soon as the consultants are absent? How will the brand new method combine together with the aged? In greater businesses, the knowledge Methods department wields significant electricity and impact which will topple well-intentioned prototypes. In case the Information and facts programs division hasn't been concerned in the start out, check with oneself why..

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwalletsmarket.com/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] Stylish Prada Messenger Bags for girl A leather messenger bag is often a sign of sophistication and also style for gurus throughout the globe. These frugal type divas are in search of the actual custom made purses for much below what they'd shell out out while in the division stores. Buy Gucci Bags On the net for Australia Sale in Sydny, Melbourne.

[b][url=http://www.seekingbestbags.co.uk/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] You will discover not quite a few standing to get in your intellect. Wax ones surf board will offer you improved holder. 1930 experienced maximizing the trendy in addition to common Lv handbags Keepall, which however to begin with is a means sensation after which it a symbol.

January 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home