Sunday, April 1, 2007

Anonymous Comments

It seems that since SG's elections got into full swing, the comment boards here on my blog have been blowing up, which is great because I love seeing students actually care for once. Of course I do not think personal attacks are very productive or serve any other purpose than to inflame others. And I have to say that these comments would mean a lot more to me if students actually put their names on them. But seeing that most students are afraid they mean very little to me.

Everything that I write whether good or bad has my name is attached to it. All of my work is scrutinized to the fullest. As a journalist I have to accept that and live with it. It's easy to post anonymously and cloak yourselves in the anonymity of the internet. To never have to accept responsibilty for your words or what you write. If I do not feel comfortable putting my name on a piece of work then I don't write it. It's much harder to put youself out there.

There are some students who always attach their names to their work. I don't always agree with them, but I do applaud them. Here are a few of those students:

Michael Hallenstein
Jenna Sereni
Chris Mack
Gary Goldberg
Dan Alexander
Bryce Jones
Sadiq Mohamed

I am sure there are others but the ones above immediately come to mind.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds butthurt.

April 1, 2007 at 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Jason, I feel the same way. Posting anonymously is quiet childish, and I would wish that some members of S.G.A. to mount some courage and identify themselves.

Also in my statement, (done in a haste, due to the 5 PM deadline), I used the word "Irreprehensible", what I meant to say was "reprehensible".

I stand by everything I say, I sometimes have a knack for saying the wrong words contextually but my points of argument is never confused.

April 1, 2007 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like being anonymous.
-chris holder.

April 1, 2007 at 6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"All of my work is scrutinized to the fullest. As a journalist I have to accept that and live with it."

Then stop complaining and make me a sandwich.

April 1, 2007 at 11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why thank you Jason.

April 1, 2007 at 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if they had the courage to identify themselves, they'd likely be addressing these problems in person rather than on the internet.

April 2, 2007 at 11:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jason:

Thanks for the recognition.

You guys have inspired me. I've started a blog of my own.

April 3, 2007 at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home