Presidential Candidates Have Been Announced
And the candidates are…
1. Jared Torres – The former UWC rep is the front-runner this year. He hails from last years Diversity party. And if anything, Diversity is a loyal party. During the summer election it was obvious where the majority of Student Government stood. Diversity literally camped out in the breezeway for two days during the summer election. All of the challengers had better have a horde of followers if they expect to beat Torres. If anything it’s his running mate that could hinder his ability to win the election. Rocky Joarder who’s been called the puppet master in the past is a controversial and divisive figure in SG politics. However, it would be unwise to ever underestimate Joarder.
2. Tony Teixeira – He’s back. After winning last years election and then losing it after it was disputed, Teixeira has decided to come back for a second round. Most of Teixeira’s support from last year has disappeared so unless they turn up, or he has found new supporters Teixeira won’t have a chance. But rumor has it Diversity may have truly broken apart and loyal supporters from last year may be switching sides in this years race.
3. Jeff Joyner – I know very little about this candidate from Jupiter. But being from Jupiter automatically makes him a long shot. However, it will certainly mix things up in the north by having him in the race.
The UP is hosting a presidential debate slated for Monday March 12 at 7:30 p.m. in the University Center. Check back for more details.
1. Jared Torres – The former UWC rep is the front-runner this year. He hails from last years Diversity party. And if anything, Diversity is a loyal party. During the summer election it was obvious where the majority of Student Government stood. Diversity literally camped out in the breezeway for two days during the summer election. All of the challengers had better have a horde of followers if they expect to beat Torres. If anything it’s his running mate that could hinder his ability to win the election. Rocky Joarder who’s been called the puppet master in the past is a controversial and divisive figure in SG politics. However, it would be unwise to ever underestimate Joarder.
2. Tony Teixeira – He’s back. After winning last years election and then losing it after it was disputed, Teixeira has decided to come back for a second round. Most of Teixeira’s support from last year has disappeared so unless they turn up, or he has found new supporters Teixeira won’t have a chance. But rumor has it Diversity may have truly broken apart and loyal supporters from last year may be switching sides in this years race.
3. Jeff Joyner – I know very little about this candidate from Jupiter. But being from Jupiter automatically makes him a long shot. However, it will certainly mix things up in the north by having him in the race.
The UP is hosting a presidential debate slated for Monday March 12 at 7:30 p.m. in the University Center. Check back for more details.

17 Comments:
The great thing about Torres is his intense enthusiasm about FAU athletics and FAU pride. a co-founder of the infamous Rowdy Rexes, he drove all the way to the Cajundome to support the Owls as they battled the Hilltoppers.
Torres is my boy!!!
i think this election will be won by Torres by a landslide. Sorry to say that Tony. That is as long as his gpa stays high enough. Last year he almost lost the UWC seat cause of it.
Torres is a liar and Rockys new puppet.
Your right. He probably will win. Glad I'm graduating.
The good thing about SGA is that you can stay in it forever.
It might as well be a Greek organization. Then it could charge dues and Geno could rent some more palm trees.
Torres would make a great SG President, unfortunately I'm not in favor of his running mate. I think that choice will hurt him, Torres will be doing all the work.
Tony Texiera and Abe Cohn have more support than Jason gives credit for.
He has a vast majority of the Greek vote as well as those students who know and care enough to remember what happend last year at the hands of... Rocky J. (i.e. helping a book-thief steal the election)
I'm glad though that there is alot of noise (and thats all it is) about Jared and Rocky winning, they might not try as hard to steal this election like they did last year's.
PS
I read on here that Austin Shaw may be campaigning for Tony this year. What about that support Jason? Many people know Austin, and most of those that do trust him. If he does campaign for Tony... watch out!
PSPS
Jarred is not too bright allowing Rocky to run with him. Who knows, it was probably Rocky that let Jared run with him.
Nothing against Jared, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Rocky gets the news that Tony beat him legitimately for a second time. I have a feeling like its going to be a much larger victory than 63 votes Tony won with last year. Maybe R.J. will cry again. Isn't that a lovely thought?
PSPSPS
Austin told me personally about a month ago that he is "endorsing" Tony T. When I asked why, Austin said, "Because he is the rightful President." That's pretty damning, and I'll bet I'm not the only person that Austin has said this to.
Word.
whoever crowned austin shaw as the "golden boy" obviously doesn't know enough about this kid.
that's all i'm going to say for now.
Dan you seem to be pretty sure that Torres and Joarder are going to lose. What if they actual win with a clean sweep?
Exactly.
If Torres is reading: drop Joarder. Get somebody who doesn't have such a strong negative reputation among students.
Besides, Joarder already graduated from FAU. It's time to move on.
I think its hilarious - Torres is a scum bag built in the image of Rakibur Joarder. The Bowel Movement should just drop out. Students see through you - you are just pandering to the crowd with all of your false promises. Name one goal that you accomplished from your list of goals last year - they have been the same within the party for the last couple of years, from the gold party, to Diversity, to now the “lack of movement” party. The followers of the "movement party" are ignorant enough to believe their rhetorical fallacies and they will continue to embarrass SGA. They claim to believe in movement but do not support the new constitution? Rakibur was quoted as saying in the past that he would have nothing to do with SGA under the new set of rules. Do everyone a favor and drop out of the race or you will be embarrassed like Kirk Murray - the puppet that last failed you. You were not able to make any “movement” as UWC representative toward making FAU a first choice institution nor Rakibur as the unelected Governor- why does anyone think that this will change while they hold higher positions? How about simply serving the students in a manner other than conceited – they scowl at the students, which they should be serving as though they were something special, meanwhile Jarred can barely hold a reasonable GPA and Rakibur cannot make it Professional or Graduate school. That’s great movement guys.
As the Parliamentarian of the Boca Raton House of Representatives I fully endorse Jared Torres for President, Rakibur Joarder for Vice-President, Matthew Jarrett for Boca Raton Governor, and all other individuals on the Movement ticket. I feel that they are the most qualified for these positions and have repeatedly shown their diligence and efficiency in serving the students of Florida Atlantic University.
Jared Torres needs to loose his “GREAT” Vice President if he thinks he is going to win. I like Jared but I think he is clearly dumb to run with a dictator like Rocky Joarder. What A looser Rocky is... Sorry Jared, I used to respect you, but you made a bad decision here!
I know rocky will tell you Torrer how to do everything, and expect you to be his little bitch, but I just hope isn’t so bad that he even tells you how to put on your own pants too.
i think jared knows what he's doing. he's a bright guy. i think he'll do just fine. his enthusiasm and spirit for fau is contagious. he is exactly the leader sga needs.
rocky, whether you love him or hate him, is a hard worker. he knows his stuff too.
i'm not supporting one party or another, but i think the movement party isn't as bad as you think...
and neither is the reform party. tony, like jared, would be a good president. both have their strong points and drawbacks, like any other human being.
either way, it's not the end of the world. both sides are capable of doing great things. whichever party wins can expect the opposing to keep them on their toes for the upcoming year. that's a good thing. they know that if they don't do it right, the other side will be there to point it out.
why can't we focus on the positives from time to time? would it kill us?
I love these entries by Sereni and Areserio. "I am an amateur politician (the only thing worse than a professional politician) and I endorse the Poopie Party."
Has anyone else had classes with these people? It is a scary testament to wherever school they went to before FAU. If I were a taxpayer in that district I'd be uber pissed.
Can someone tell me what Tony Teixeira has accomplished aside from smoke weed, beat up women, and get accussed of rape?
I wonder how many students actually read these. All these people are probably preaching to nobody but themselves. HAHA.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home